.... be a part of "Maitri"

Guest Post for "Celebrate Sweets: Ice Cream" : Chocolate Chip Ice Cream by Diksha

>> Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Hello everyone,

Couple of days back, I got an email by this cute girl Diksha.. It was so fun to read her thoughts.. She is from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and an Accounting major student. She loves to cook and often, helps her mother in kitchen. She likes Thai and Continental food; and likes Indian spicy food too..

So, this was a brief introduction about Diksha and now I'll leave this post to her...

Diksha - In her own words..

I'm not a blogger but I love to blog.. Blogging is my main source of knowledge about cooking.. I'm not good with cookbooks but I enjoy reading blogs where bloggers include their personal thoughts along with those wonderful recipes... I remeber, my first recipe was Thai Fried Rice and the rice got overcooked.. But thanks to my family, they still enjoyed the dish.. love u mama!! I believe may be not now but by the time I reach my mid 20s I'll be a good cook.. Just like my mama...

While I was blogging, I came across this event and its main theme is "Ice Cream".. How can I resist from participating when the star is my favourite ice cream.. I saw lots of amazing recipes linked to this event and thought giving my contribution too.. This is my third attempt of preparing ice cream.. The first attempt was "plain vanilla ice cream". I prepared it last summer and it was big flop.. I cried a lot but my mama said "Even though it doesn't look like an ice cream but it tastes great".. I love that comment and this gave me the courage not lose the battle.. Few months back, mama bought a new ice cream maker and now my job got very easy.. Last month, I've prepared chocolate ice cream and it was good.. my BF liked it!! And now I've chocolate chip ice cream and I loved the texture.. My mama liked it.. :D



Recipe:

Heavy Cream - 2 cups
2 cups half and half cream
1 cup sugar
Pinch salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
 3/4 cup good quality dark chocolate chips or shavings

Procedure:

Whisk the cream, half and half, sugar and salt in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Heat until it reaches 170F to 175F. Stir in the vanilla. Pour into the bowl and refrigerate overnight. This procedure is to kill the bacteria.

Next day, pour the mixture into the ice cream maker and do according to manufacturer's direction, adding the chocolate chips or shaving about halfway through.

Transfer ice cream to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap such that it touches the surface of ice cream. Freeze for 4-5 hours.

Serve with chocolate sauce drizzled over it and few strawberries..

I hope you liked my recipe and as I'm not good at taking pictures so please!!!!!!!! :D

Sending this to Reshmi's "Celebrate Sweets: Ice Cream" event which was started by Nivedita.


Have you enjoyed this recipe or photos? Do follow this blog, share it with your friends and help this blog grow. This will motivate me to carry on with my passion. Hope you've enjoyed your time here and thank you for visiting me!!!

31 comments:

Hamaree Rasoi April 6, 2011 at 7:15 PM  

Hi Reshmi

The ice cream recipe sent by Diksha looks so delicious. Please convey my congrats to her for such an inviting recipe.

Deepa
Hamaree Rasoi

San April 6, 2011 at 9:18 PM  

Oh! how much I love ice creams..... Looks perfect.... Just cant get enough..... tempts me very much.Kudos to diksha .

http://sanscurryhouse.blogspot.com

sojo April 6, 2011 at 9:34 PM  

wow....Diksha, who says u dont know how to take a photograph... it looks perfect... Thanks to Reshmi too for this wonderful event....

Indian Khana April 6, 2011 at 10:01 PM  

Icecream looks so delish n tempting ....

Mr. Capoeira Sydney April 6, 2011 at 10:41 PM  

What a neat post! Looking forward for more post from you. Thank you for sharing!

Raji April 6, 2011 at 11:26 PM  

Wonderful icecream...a lovely post by diksha.

Priya Suresh April 7, 2011 at 12:34 AM  

Great looking icecream..simply delicious..

Kaveri Venkatesh April 7, 2011 at 1:03 AM  

Mouthwatering ice cream...great post by Diksha

Sravs April 7, 2011 at 6:39 AM  

wow very tempting and delicious Icecream !! wonderful recipe Diksha !!

Vimitha Durai April 7, 2011 at 6:39 AM  

Diksha thats a yummy and creamy icecream... Love the addition of chocolate chips...

Suja Manoj April 7, 2011 at 8:13 AM  

Lovely post..tempting and delicious icecream

Saraswathi Iyer April 7, 2011 at 8:52 AM  

Icecream is yummy. Glad to follow u. You have a wonderful space.

Drop in when time permits.

Only Fish Recipes April 7, 2011 at 1:23 PM  

wow...thanks for sharing the ice cream recipe mam...my daughter is absolutely going to love it !

Sensible Vegetarian April 7, 2011 at 8:16 PM  

Love that super delicious bowl of Ice Cream looks very tempting.

Anonymous,  April 8, 2011 at 4:47 AM  

icecream sent by Diksha is so inviting !!! am sure it will look good with chocolate shavings too
good to know about her

Mangala April 8, 2011 at 6:40 AM  

Hi, kindly visit my blog n accept the award.

Eat Hearty April 8, 2011 at 11:41 PM  

Verynice post Reshmi and Diksha!! The icecream looks simply delicious. Infact the other licked entries are also very nice. I so much wanted to participate in this event but couldn't!!

Ankita
http://eat-hearty.blogspot.com/

Rumana Rawat April 9, 2011 at 4:41 AM  

Hello Dear!!!
Congrats... your recipe has been selected in top 5 of treat to eyes series-2.. do check out:)

Samira April 10, 2011 at 5:10 AM  

Wow!!! Seeing the pic felt the same dt a traveller in dessert would feel after seeing an oasis. An icecream is always welcome anytime of the year and is most loved in the hot summers. It simply looks yummy... Saw ur comment of my blog, thanks for dt. Following u too.. God bless u...

Sowmya April 10, 2011 at 12:06 PM  

Ice cream looks totally delicious...yum yum!

Vegetarian Cultural Creatives

Elaichii April 11, 2011 at 8:13 PM  

Yummy icecream! Did you get my email??

Fathima April 12, 2011 at 8:56 PM  

Wow.. that is a yummy ice cream... Thanks Reshmi and Diksha!!!

Anonymous,  April 17, 2011 at 12:57 PM  

Diksha and Reshmi thanks for sharing with us. It looks so so yummy!

Mehjabeen Arif April 23, 2011 at 12:45 PM  

great recipe for ice cream deeksha... very smooth texture... wonderful work reshmi..

Archana April 24, 2011 at 12:07 AM  

I am sorry I missed your event Reshmi too busy at work. Love this recipe.

Hosting forum February 9, 2012 at 4:31 AM  

Thanks for sharing this informative blog,really its very helpful to me.

soughn April 30, 2022 at 12:19 PM  

get redirected hereclick resources weblinkfind out here this contentnavigate to this website

Unknown May 29, 2022 at 2:15 AM  

pop over to this web-site additional reading visit this web-site important source browse around these guys check this link right here now

Unknown July 8, 2022 at 5:40 AM  

wikipedia reference y7p78u5q91 Ysl replica handbags replica bags aaa quality replica bags thailand fake hermes e7m28n5j50 replica ysl bags australia replica bags ebay gucci fake u6m39d6b91 replica bags in london

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and do add yourself to "Stay Connected".

Related Posts with Thumbnails

All the content in this blog is

Protected by Copyscape Online Copyright Protection Software

  © Blogger template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP